Day: October 3, 201803 / Oct / 2018
Almost everyone, young and old, knows what the sight of a flag flown at half-mast is. But few know why such a tradition exists, and why it has become a universally recognised symbol of grief, loss and solemn national remembrance… The long tradition of lowering flags to half-mast is.
- Flags At Half-Mast: A Time Honoured Tradition
- Banners & Flags in Sport; A Brief History
- Lest We Forget: Commemorating Our Servicemen and Women
- The Origin of Easter: From Paganism to Christianity, and 19th Century Commercialisation
- Cupid’s Arrow: The Angel Behind the Holiday